Between washing produce, washing and sanitizing dishes, cleaning pots and pans, washing the floors, frequent handwashing by your staff, and countless trips by patrons, chefs, and staff to the restroom, a restaurant can go through an insane amount of water and have a matching sewer bill besides. While you certainly don’t want to skimp on handwashing and other important water usage, there are some steps you can take to save on your water and sewer expenses. One popular choice for this industry is installing waterless urinals in the men’s bathroom.
Waterless urinals with a waterless replacement cartridge and deodorizer dome can provide a clean restroom environment without the need for a significant amount of water. You could save thousands of gallons of water over the course of a year which means less of a sewer bill, as well. If you make this change and consider other water conservation options, the savings could be considerable. A few other ways to save water include:
- Promptly repair leaks- A dripping faucet or another plumbing concern is something you want to take care of right away if your objective is to reduce water and sewer charges.
- Install low-flow products- Consider low-flow pre-rinse spray nozzles and low-flow aerators that clean just as well as standard options but with less water used.
- Utilize ENERGY STAR dishwashers- The more business you have, the more important it is to have an efficient dishwasher.
- Consider a water broom instead of a hose- Cleaning areas with a water broom instead of a hose can cut your water usage in half.
- Install automatic faucets- It can be easy to inadvertently leave a faucet on, but that won’t happen if they shut off automatically when the handwashing task has completed.
At hybridH2O, we are happy to help with your water conservation efforts by providing waterless urinal products and other sustainable restroom products that can drastically reduce your water and sewer costs. Reach out today to learn more about our innovative products that are ideal for restaurants, bars, and other establishments.